25 April 2011

on a rainy day II


Thank you all for kind words! I want you to know it is much appreciated. I know I am still very quiet, and may be so for a while...

Even so, I want to share with you a small quilt i finished yesterday: my "on a rainy day II" is 36" * 52" quilted with organic vertical lines on hobbs 100% cotton batting. Here it is photographed outside in the morning light. We are having beautiful spring weather, sunny and warm. Everything is turning greener by the day. Somehow this feels both sad and wonderful...

Even on a rainy day there is beauty to be seen ... thinking in metaphors a lot, lately.



Hope you have all enjoyed some relaxing days...

14 comments:

Andi said...

Love this Marit.
It's so beautiful!!

Sujata Shah said...

Lovely little quilt!
Relaxing every now and then is a great way to re-fuel, Isn't it?

Leslie said...

this is so beautiful.

liz said...

Beautiful! I love rainbow quilts and yours is especially pretty in my eyes. Thanks for sharing!

Jen B said...

Beautiful!

Nifty Quilts said...

Another beautiful quilt! It reminds me of the rainbow that appears after the rain (or tears).

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

Absolutely gorgeous! xo

Sharon said...

This is a wonderful quilt. Great composition, and of course, I love rainbows. Wishing you rainbows this spring!

Janet said...

I love your quilt Marit, it's beautiful.

Michele Bilyeu said...

Marit...my heart truly goes out to you in the loss of your dad. I lost my own father last August and gosh, it truly was hard! Taking care of my mother with advanced Alzheimer's in our island home in Alaska helps me feel so much closer to both of them. I'm keeping a promise made to him, as well as to myself and I'm so grateful that through a tremendous number of challenges I can look back now with nothing but love for both of them.It's all hard but it does get better and quiet is not only necessary but often best as part of such a deep grieving process.

Live a Colorful Life said...

The yellow fabric with the birdcages is so cute and the quilt is wonderful. Thoughts and hugs coming to you from California...

ayumills said...

The rainbow quilt is beautiful, Marit!

sew katie did said...

This is stunning and I love line quilting all close together.

Unknown said...

Wow! Love rainbows it so beautiful. Well done!